Sep 13, 2016

The Shadow People Are Here @ The Riverside Art Museum

October 2016 will be a very exciting month, everyone. For those of you who have attended an art show or seen me at a convention, you may be familiar with my augmented reality comics and characters: The Shadow People. Next month, they get a new book. Next month, the Shadow People will infest the Riverside Art Museum. Next month, there will be a book release and a signing. And THIS month, the Shadow People are online! Let's lay down the details after this preview of the first part of my latest book: The Shadow People Are Here:





Thanks for reading that. Now, those details I mentioned...

In 2014, I self-published my first augmented reality comic, The Shadow People. This October, I am self-publishing a new Shadow People book: The Shadow People Are Here. And I'm talking about it everywhere I can, like one of my favorite podcasts: the Meltcast! The first book was an exploration of the most multi media comic I'd made to date. This new book is a children's story that follows a child who makes some mistakes and runs into the Shadow People. Both books are near and dear to my heart and both are extremely limited in print run.



The new book is also very special to me because I will be releasing the book at the Riverside Art Museum (RAM) in Riverside, CA, I've been lucky to work with the museum before on some really fun projects. I will be signing the new books and giving a brief talk on the story and all things comics and self-publishing-related at RAM during the Riverside Artwalk on October 6, 2016. RAM has also agreed to play host to some very special guests this October: the Shadow People themselves!

In the books, the Shadow People are hiding all over the place and can be seen with the free augmented reality app, Aurasma. There are instructions inside every book to:
• Download the Aurasma app
• Follow the Aurasma profile/account TheShadowPeople
• Point the app/phone viewfinder at the book and the Shadow People will appear!

In the museum, the Shadow People will do the same thing! They will be hiding all over the museum and they're going to be waiting for you to find them. Follow the steps above and head to the museum to see if you can find them all.
Let's review: When is all this happening?...
Book Release / Signing / Talk x Tour(s)
October 6, 2016 • 6pm - 9pm (Riverside Art Walk) 

Riverside Art Museum
3425 Mission Inn Ave
Riverside, CA 92501
The Shadow People Are Here: An Augmented Reality Exhibit
October 1, 2016 - November 6, 2016 

Riverside Art Museum
3425 Mission Inn Ave
Riverside, CA 92501

Thanks for getting this far. I really appreciate it.

Oh, and not to mention my good buddy Evan Spears and I will be at the Long Beach Comic Con THIS weekend! And never forget, keep up with Free Comics Friday updates!

A very busy and exciting month. I hope to see you in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment