Mar 25, 2011

Pussy Shit and Excitement

In case you have a life and haven't already read my posts on facebook or twitter, it's been an exciting two days. It's probably not that big of a milestone to most but it's huge for me. You probably don't give a shit anyway, but I'm geeking on it (who loves repetition?).

I used to go to comic book conventions with friends and see these people I idolize(d) and get starstruck because I'm a huge fucking comics nerd. Not the historical, cataloging type (that didn't work out). I'm more a fan of the art form. When I see a quality book I go nuts. When I see the person that made it? Sweating, man. I get stupid starstruck. It's pretty pathetic. But these guys are masters of their craft and I cower when I stand in their shadow. On the plus side, most of them are the nicest people in the world. They're down to talk to you about something you both love (comics) or grab a beer with you. They appreciate the hustle because they all had to work to get to where they are. Those are the people that get invited to showcase their work.

This is Frank Cho. Draws women like nobody's business.


For the past couple of years, I haven't attended any convention in the recreational sense. I've sat at tables with good friends and tried to peddle my wares. Always buying in. Always splitting costs so we could afford to join the party. I'm always honored that my friends ask me to hustle with them.

By some magical-elf, mystical-creature-conjuring stroke of luck I was invited this year to Wizard World Anaheim Comic Con. I'm still not sure how but I'll find out. My work isn't at the caliber of the people I'm still nervous to meet but I'm working on it. It's an honor to be invited and I'm gonna keep hustling. I'm treating this like I don't know if I'll ever get invited again because I don't.

I want to draw and paint what I want and have something to show for it. I feel like I'm getting there but I've been wrong before.

Enough pussy shit! I'm going to Anaheim and I'm gonna ride that bitch hard. Selling comics, selling prints, selling shirts! Check out my sexy banner ad-->

What a naughty banner ad. There's one at the bottom of the page too. Scroll down if you're a horizontal fucking motherfucker.

CORRECTED appearance/show dates:

Tuesday Nights LA-April 19
Soundbite Studios-April 23
Long Beach Comic Expo-April 23
Anaheim Wizard World Comic Con-April 29, 30, May 1

Be there or don't. Those are your only options.

No comments:

Post a Comment